Friday, April 18, 2008

Jay Chou becomes teacher wanting to teach Chinese style music

A few days ago Jay Chou went into the studio for "Earth" on Jiangsu satellite television and shared his story with the audience. When he started talking about his partner Vincent Fang, Jay Chou exposed that Vincent Fang used to be very introvert, he wouldn't dare to speak if he saw a girl. And if he became a teacher, he hopes to teach students Chinese style music.

Learn piano because the teacher was pretty

Lots of people know that Jay Chou was "forced" by his mother when practising the piano, but initially he voluntarily wanted to learn, he jokingly said: "One reason was that the teacher was pretty." When he was 4-5, Jay Chou started to practise the piano, "When I was in elementary school, I liked a girl who had a quite Chinese style, that time there was a TV theme that was very popular, when I was 5 I listened to it like mad, and immediately learnt it, afterwards I played it in class. At that time I could only play with my right hand, I secretly looked at that girl I liked, at that time I especially had that feeling of achievement, because no one in class could play it, everyone gathered around. The girl I liked came over to listen, after hearing it, we started talking."

Vincent Fang was once scared of girls

Vincent Fang's lyrics have given a lot of colour to Jay Chou's songs. Jay Chou said that the traditional martial arts and medicine of China have both appeared in his lyrics, it's also given him a lot of inspiration. In his impression, he thinks Vincent Fang is like an ancient person. Jay Chou even said that Vincent Fang never used to say much, he was very introverted, he was especially nervous when he saw a girl, he just wouldn't talk, now he's slowly trained himself up, the change in him is very big.

Not giving up music or movies

The Jay Chou of today, not only does he do music, he does movies and is even a guest professor at a certain school. Towards this role of being a teacher, Jay Chou said frankly that he hopes he can teach some Chinese style music in the future, teaching students how to combine elements from classical music with elements from pop. Concerning the future, Jay Chou said that the things he wants to do most are still music and movies. As for matrimony, he shyly smiled waving his hand: "I'm still young, I'll put my energy into my career first."

source: http://asianfanatics.net/forum/Jay-Chou-becomes-teacher-wanting-to-teach-Chinese-style-music-talk528534.html

No comments: