Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Jimmy Lin as LiShiMin in the new China series ShaoLinSi 2


I heard that Jimmy Lin joined the production of ShaoLinSi the night before. I went to 横店秦王宫 to get an interview. But I was late and was told by the workers that Jimmy Lin was there 7am that morning but he has moved on to another site. I immediately went to the filming site of ShaoLinShi 2 and found that tourists have already blocked the place. “That’s Duan Yu, the one dressed in black.”

Filming for more than 10 hours
Jimmy joined the production the day before yesterday and plays the role of the young emperor. The scene he was in yesterday is about him and the ShaoLin monks escaping from the front gate of the city. It is at most a few minutes scene – the gate opened, the monks and Jimmy rushed out with staffs in hands. This one simple scene was repeated over and over again for more than an hr.

After a few NGs, the tourists lamented, “It’s tough to be actors.” But Jimmy thought that this rushing scene was quite relaxing. Between the NGs he played with a small stick, balancing the stick on his finger until it fell, over and over again. He didn’t look tired from more than 10 hrs of filming.

Flying in the Air, Wired for a few hrs
Jimmy talked to me during a break. “I filmed until 11pm last night and then got up at 6am this morning. Filming is tough. I wore a full armored suit yesterday, very very heavy, and there is also a sword. It’s a real sword, not a fake one. I felt like all the armor suits on my body are heavier than my body weight. But that’s not the worst. He was wired and hoisted up in the air for several hours. “From the left waist, from the right waist, then from left to right.” He pointed at his waist for me to see. The scene from yesterday is about the emperor in disguise. He was captured and the ShaoLin monks came to his rescue. Jimmy the emperor was carried in the air by the monks among the sharp spears.

“You see. I was hoisted down from the top of the city wall. The wires were very tight and it hurt. When I went to bed at night my whole body ached. My feet were sore.

Avoid talking about NaZha
I observe him from half a meter away in front of the van that he rests in. Even though he has light makeup on but the complexion of his famous babyface is very good, no pimples or wrinkles. I don’t see the cool look from the last few movies he did.

There are rumors that he will take on the role of NaZha in the Journey To The West. Jimmy became evasive when asked about this. He just said he has been filming a lot of ancient series, from Duan Yu in Tian Long Ba Bu to the supporting role in ShaoLinSi. These remakes all invited him. “Looks like I can’t get away from classic ancient series,” he laughed.

According to insiders, Jimmy has talked to director Zhang. He will have a role in Journey To The West. If it’s not NaZha then maybe one of the gods.

source: http://asianfanatics.net/forum/Jimmy-Lin-as-LiShiMin-in-the-new-China-series-ShaoLinSi-2-talk530955.html

No comments: