Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Jay Chou: "in love" with Kim Tae Hee's beauty, praises SJ being cute

Question: How's it feel being a screenwriter and director for the first time?

Jay: Having been the director of my own MVs, those experiences have really helped for filming movies.

Question: The part in the movie where you play the piano has become a big talking point online in Korea.

Jay: Because I started learning the piano at a very early age, so I was very confident with the piano playing part in the movie, because it's a love movie I had to consider that it would be too bland without a special prop so that's why I arranged for this piano scene. I chose to play the piano because I'm confident playing the piano. If I was better at something else, for instance dancing, I would have arranged this part to be dancing.

Question: When did you start wanting to become a movie director?

Jay: I never thought about being a movie director when I was young, I only started wanting to become a director when I became an actor.

Question: What help did having worked with director Zhang Yi Mou in the past have on you as a director?

Jay: Director Zhang Yi Mou turned into a director from being an actor, after I got to know him I thought about what it would be like to learn how to be a director earlier than he did when he was young.

Question: How many times have you been to Korea? What's your impression of Korea?

Jay: This is already my fourth time in Korea, when I was little I once vacationed here with my mother, the last time was 2 and a half years ago when I came to film a toothpaste commercial.

Question: Due to your appearance and being an actor and singer, you are similar to Rain, you are called "Taiwan's Rain" in Korea, what do you think of this?

Jay: I know Rain very well, but no matter music style or the direction of our acting, the difference between us is very big.

Question: What similarities and differences are there between Taiwan's culture and Korea's culture?

Jay: Korea's culture is a bit more groovier than Taiwan's, BOA, Rain and others' music are good representatives of their music. If we're talking about culture, I've come in contact more with Korean movies than Korean music, the movies "The Host", "Volcano High" have both left deep impressions on me, "Old Boy" as well, I hope I have a chance to work with this movie's director Park Chan Wook.

Question: As a director, which Korean actor/actress do you want to invite the most to be in your movies?

Jay: I want to work with Choi Min Shik, Yoo Ji Tae and the other main cast of "Old Boy", if we're talking about female actresses than it's not too good to choose, there's too many popular Korean actresses in China such as Song Hye Kyo, Nara Jang and many others, recently I've often seen Kim Tae Hee in mobile commercials, her beauty leaves me with a deep impression.

Question: There's been reports saying "Secret" was adapted from your real life experience?

Jay: That news is a bit exaggerated, even though the backdrop of the movie is indeed the place where my first love happened, but the story in the movie is not my story.

Question: Your age in Korean terms is already 30, did you not think it was hard playing a high school student at this age?

Jay: Age couldn't stop me from playing this role, because I fully understand the feelings of the role in the movie, so there wasn't any really hard places.

Question: Can you reveal a few of your "secrets"?

Jay: I don't have any special secrets and anyway if I did I couldn't make them public. If I have to say one, I'm scared of things like ghosts because I'm not brave.

Question: Can I ask you about your next movie "Kung Fu Dunk"?

Jay: The movie is very different from the manga, it's a movie about kung fu and basketball, I personally did the basketball match scenes in the movie because I've liked basketball since I was little, I hope it can become a movie young people like.

Question: I hear that you expressed in the past that you hoped to meet Moon Geun Young?

Jay: In the past the Taiwan newspapers reported that Moon Geun Young really liked "Secret", after I saw this report I was really happy, so that's why I want to meet her if I get the chance. Moon Geun Young's acting in "An Autumn's Tale" really moved me.

Question: There's been a lot of discussion about "Secret" online in Korea, what special meaning did you have behind the ending of the movie?

Jay: I filmed the ending the way it is because I hoped to stimulate the curiosity of the audience, this movie has quite a few hidden secrets, if you watch it a few more times you'll discover things you didn't see the first time round. About the ending of the movie, I want to say this to the audience, my work is about expressing the feeling of something full of hope and not a tragedy.

Question: In today's programme you were on the stage with Korea's SJ, what do you know about them?

Jay: I know they are a very popular group in Korea, among the members I know Shindong, I think he's really cute.

Question: The last question, as an singer, actor and director which profession do you see as the most important?

Jay: I think no matter what I am a singer.

source: http://asianfanatics.net/forum/Jay-Chou-in-love-with-Kim-Tae-Hee-s-beauty-praises-SJ-being-cute-talk525226.html

No comments: