Saturday, May 10, 2008

Jay Chou, I want to learn face changing

Jay Chou is undeniably a heavenly king. Besides innate talent, tireless effort is paramount. Even though the concert in Chengdu originally for July has been delayed till November, but Jay Chou hasn't been idle, he's already made the decision to learn face changing. Yesterday the cool Jay Chou appeared at Chongqing, what welcomed him was flowers and screams, there was also the local "come on" shout.

At the Beijing concert before, when Jay Chou sang "Rainbow", besides surprising fans with a guitar on his back, in the middle a few lines of the Beijing opera "Susan's Ordeals" suddenly appeared, immediately heating up the whole venue. He's going to be holding a concert in Chongqing soon, will Jay Chou do another Beijing opera? Jay Chou slanted his head and expressed that before he saw a lot of face changing in Sichuan opera, he thinks it's a national essence with a lot of meaning, but he's worried he won't be able to learn it properly with so little time.

"I know Andy Lau's been learning face changing for a while, that's why it's a bit difficult for me to perform face changing in this time's concert." Even though he admitted he won't be able to learn it in such a short time but he still hopes that once he is a bit older he can touch on face changing genuinely, "But everyone can relax, I will definitely secretly learn it, I won't reveal it early. If I came out with it before I learnt it properly it would be very embarrassing!" Jay Chou, whose tried his hand at being a singer, actor, director and a boss, has expressed that right now he wants to be a presenter the most. "Actually being a presenter is quite meaningful, but after I become a presenter, Jacky Wu will have to watch out, I might steal his livelihood."

Being the product that Jay Chou is spokesperson for, Motorola is one of the sponsors for this time's concert. Well before Jay Chou became the spokesperson, did he try out the product? "Yes I would, for example I'm spokesperson for Motorola's ROKE E8, I think it's very cool and matches well with me."

When asked if he could speak the dialect of Sichuan, Jay Chou immediately boasted "I'll know it as soon as I learn it", the fans there immediately screamed "Come on", but Jay Chou didn't learn it straight away, and asked very vigilantly: "Isn't that bad language?" After he found out it meant to cheer on, Jay Chou finally learnt it with his mind at ease. He is Jay Chou indeed, after that one time, there was already plenty of applause from offstage. The 11th of May is Mother's Day, what surprise will Jay Chou, whose always been close to his mother, give her? "I've decided to give mother a very special gift, but as to what it is, to be honest I have no idea myself!" The Jay Chou style nonsense immediately made everyone laugh. Even though Jay Chou was very friendly towards the reporters but the staff at his side weren't so "friendly", when reporters asked about "Zhang Ji Zhong's new movie "Journey To The West", fans online want you to play Sun Wu Kong", the staff immediately stopped the reporters.

Apart from music, the influence of movies on Jay Chou is becoming greater and greater, there's not even a shadow of the new album yet but he's confirmed to be in "Kung Fu Dunk 2" a while ago. At the scene, the presenter asked Jay Chou which movie he participated in made him the happiest, Jay Chou responded: "I'm always very happy, there's a different feeling every time." The presenter replied: "Isn't this answer too official?" Jay Chou smiled, "Then I'll say one." But after thinking about it for a few seconds, he still held back, "It's still better for me not to offend anyone."

Jay Chou admitted that even though in terms of music he's already a master, but in movies he's still a newcomer, he needs to learn a lot, when he got to this point, he seemed to forget what he just said about "not offending anyone", he generously said "he still wanted to work with Gong Li, Chow Yun Fat and Zhang Yi Mou".

source: http://asianfanatics.net/forum/Jay-Chou-I-want-to-learn-face-changing-talk537408.html

No comments: